Archives For admin
Willie Nelson is nominated for a Grammy in the category of Best Traditional Pop Vocal!
Willie Nelson, Merle Haggard, and Ray Price — the elder statesmen of classic country music who have inspired artists and thrilled fans for decades — return to PBS stations (check local listings) in an encore presentation of Last of the Breed, a once-in-a-lifetime concert event taped in March 2007 during the final performance of their sold-out “Last of the Breed” tour that played to rave reviews everywhere. Nelson, Haggard and Price (backed by Grammy® Award winning “Kings of Texas Swing” Asleep at the Wheel, led by Ray Benson, and Ray Price’s Cherokee Cowboys) deliver rousing performances of their greatest hits in the richest voices this side of the Rio Grande.
The new airings of Last of the Breed are a particularly special tribute to Merle Haggard, who passed away in April of this year, and Ray Price, who passed away in December 2013. Said Willie Nelson: “With my dear friends Merle and Ray gone, it’s even more special that Last of the Breed is airing again. I’m so pleased that PBS is bringing this program back, and I hope everyone gets to see what a great time we all had together on-stage.”
Among the songs performed in Last of the Breed are “Okie From Muskogee,” “Pancho and Lefty,” “For the Good Times,” “Night Life,” “Crazy,” “Mama Tried,” “Always on My Mind,” “On the Road Again” and many others. The timeless music — warm yet gritty, powerful and honest — is bound to have viewers singing along from beginning to end.
Check local PBS station listings for broadcast dates and times.
Last of the Breed is an Ambassador Entertainment Inc. production, produced by Albert Spevak, directed by Lawrence Jordan, and executive produced by Mark Rothbaum and Albert Spevak. www.ambassador.tv
The PBS broadcast of Last of the Breed includes the following songs:
- “San Antonio Rose” − Ray Price
- “Make the World Go Away” − Ray Price
- “For the Good Times” − Ray Price
- “Route 66” − Asleep at the Wheel
- “Take Me Back to Tulsa” − Merle Haggard
- “That’s the Way Love Goes” − Merle Haggard
- “Silver Wings” − Merle Haggard
- “Sing Me Back Home” − Merle Haggard
- “Okie From Muskogee” − Merle Haggard and Willie Nelson
- “Pancho and Lefty” − Willie Nelson and Merle Haggard
- “Ramblin’ Fever” − Willie Nelson and Merle Haggard
- “Night Life” − Ray Price
- “Crazy” − Willie Nelson, Merle Haggard and Ray Price
- “On the Road Again” − Willie Nelson
- “Always on My Mind” − Willie Nelson
- “Mama Tried” − Merle Haggard
- “Whiskey River” − Willie Nelson