Willie Nelson Announces Launch of Willie’s Reserve

willienelson —  April 22, 2015 — 51 Comments

Music legend Willie Nelson is pleased to announce a unique American enterprise: Willie’s Reserve, a cannabis brand reflecting Nelson’s own longstanding experience and his commitment to regulated, natural, and high quality strains of marijuana in U.S. legal markets. As one journalist has already noted, “The marijuana world is about to get its first connoisseur brand, edging it farther from an illegal substance and closer to the realm of fine wines.”

Willie’s Reserve is an extension of Willie’s passion and appreciation for the many varieties and range of the plant’s qualities. Some of the best master growers in America will collaborate, along with Willie, to define quality standards so that fans can expect clean and consistent products.

Willie’s Reserve will be grown, distributed and sold by local businesses in Colorado and Washington, and will become available in other markets when state regulations allow.

Somewhat controversially, Willie has spent a lifetime as an outspoken supporter of cannabis for personal use and for industrial hemp production.

Building on Willie’s community of friends and experts who share his values, Willie’s Reserve will seek ways to further support and celebrate aspects of the singer-songwriter’s journey with cannabis. Willie and his family, and a few close friends developed the brand with emphasis on environmental and social issues, to lend support to the gradual end to marijuana prohibition across America.

“I am looking forward to working with the best growers in Colorado and Washington to make sure our product is the best on the market,” stated Willie Nelson.

Collaboration is at the center of plans for Willie’s Reserve. Willie has been an outspoken supporter of the front line efforts of store owners, growers, and citizens who have been pioneers and advocates of cannabis policy improvements. The company will work with businesses that are making smart and sustainable choices for the environment, have demonstrated leadership in their markets, and are committed to encouraging safe, legal use.

Seeing the power of legalization, regulation and taxation to impact how Americans view cannabis is a life’s work realized for Willie. As many have noted, his involvement is no surprise, and in the end, it’s no surprise that Willie’s Reserve will reflect his life.

About Willie Nelson

With a six-decade career and 200 plus albums, this iconic Texan is the creative genius behind the historic recordings of CrazyRed Headed Stranger, and Stardust. Willie Nelson has earned every conceivable award as a musician and amassed reputable credentials as an author, actor and activist. He continues to thrive as a relevant and progressive musical and cultural force. In the last five years alone he delivered eight new album releases (of which one resulted in a Grammy Award win), released a Top 10 New York Times’ bestsellers book, again headlined Farm Aid, an event he co-founded in 1985, received his 5th degree black belt in Gong Kwon Yu Sul, and graced the cover of Rolling Stone magazine. In 2013, Willie’s albums included Let’s Face The Music And Dance, an album of deep pop country repertoire classics performed with transformative patented ease by Nelson and Family, his long-time touring and recording ensemble; and To All The Girls… which features 18 duets with music’s top female singers. In 2014, he released Band of Brothers, a 14-track studio album of new recording that debuted at #5 on Billboard’s Top 200 album chart and #1 on Billboard’s Country album chart, and December Day: Willie’s Stash Vol. 1, an eclectic album collaboration of intimate new recordings from Willie and Sister Bobbie Nelson. This year he will add two more titles. On May 5, 2015, “It’s A Long Story: My Life,” the unvarnished and complete story of Willie, will hit bookshelves. Later in the year he will release a new album with Merle Haggard titled Django And Jimmie.
Share on FacebookShare on TumblrShare on Twitter

51 responses to Willie Nelson Announces Launch of Willie’s Reserve

1. Spark one up Willie!! Pleased to Join you..

2. Willie, I have always loved your mucic and you in general, I am so glad your dream of legalizing weed has come true. I voted for it, and stand by it. I am a health care worker, so unfortunately, I can’t smoke it. My dad laughs at me since now that its legal, I cant smoke it.
    I work as a nursing assistant at The Dalles Oregon Vetterns Home, and now I am putting those who fought for our country first. I went to your concert 2 years ago at The MaryHill Winery, I sat in the 5th row, center. I was in Heaven as I watched in person for the first time. I will continue to buy your CD’s shirts and hats. I have the shirt roll me up and smoke me when I die. I love your new song, the worlds going to Pot. Thank God for green faviors. Love Ya, Kay Wynne

3. Thomas W. Bozard April 23, 2015 at 10:16 AM

Are there any investment opportunities to buy stock in Willie’s Reserve? I think the cannabis market has potential to make investors money.

4. How does someone help with the reserve?

5. Hello to Willie and Family,
    I am a Marijuana retailer in Spokane, Washington and have long been interested in the connection that Willie has with the cannabis industry! We are the 10th largest retail store in the state and would love to be associated with the Willie reserve brand of cannabis among other promotional ideas, such as celebrating his birthday on April 29th! We know he comes to Spokane often for concerts and we would love to have him come in for a promotional shoot to promote his brand. Please contact me at Idahocary@yahoo.com or call at 208-304-0370. Thank you so very much for your consideration of my request. Big, Big Fan. Cary Smith

6. Brandon Lee Bowhay April 23, 2015 at 1:49 PM

I would like to know how I contact willie so I could find out how my family can get approved to grow said strain . I am known for my talents and my father Is well known in the gardening world,kind of famous realy,but for ornamentals and his upside down trees or flower towers at the botanical gardens. anything with willies name on it is gotta be a winner , mabe im dreaming , only one way to find out . we are the best at what we do,im sure we would do ya proud. Alaska just voted it in . bring it on Willies Reserve cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!hell ya.

7. Carol Clayborne April 23, 2015 at 11:14 PM

Hi Mr Nelson: I think that alot of people will buy your product. I don’t know if you will remember my brother in law, his name was Roy Clayborne you and Waylon recorded a song called Put Me On a Train Back To Texas. It will be 19 years next month since he died. I would love to meet you or see you in concert. Maybe some day. Text me sometime. Carol Clayborne

8. I’m from Oregon and recently retired, would love to help you get started in Oregon. Would give a 100% of myself to help you. Please e-mail me if you are interested. Thank you. Ken.

10. Willie, I have a building in Antonito, Colorado for Sale perfect place for a Weed Shop, just 6 miles to the New Mexico state line. Check it out, Google: antonito, colorado fsbo, 403 main street. Thank you, Steve

11. Hello to Willie and family 🙂

Congrats on this excellent endeavor.

My comment is two-fold. First, I am a journalist living in Oregon. I have a live 6pm pst podcast/radio show called, Challenging the Rhetoric, and often cover cannabis. Rec just went legal here, aps for storefronts will be taken at the first of the year. I am sure you know all of this, but I mention it because I would love to have an opportunity to interview Willie (live or pre-record) on my show. Maybe talk about any ideas, plans, needs regarding opportunities in the new “Potland”, Oregon.

The second part of my comment is on actual business adventures in this state. I can provide you the contact info on the best [in all of the “Willie’s Reserve” stated vision] of the growers and extractors, etc. in this state.

Thanks for reading my comment. I would love to hear back from you.

12. We/I need to Invest in Indiana’s future. This is what I’m willing to support and build. A solid business plan !

13. I hope willie hits paydirt ..if anyone deserves it he does I believe that the strain Will be top five in world hands down….

14. I’m all for legalizing weed. And, I want to know how do you support this issue?

15. I would like to buy the a hat like Willie was wearing on the Late Show that says Willie’s Reserve.

Are they available ?

16. Where do I get that Willie’s Reserve hat, Willie?

Big fan…

17. Kevin Richardson November 2, 2015 at 7:50 AM

Mr. Nelson
    The citizens of the state of Florida are working towards making our state a recreational marijuana state. I have read your article on Huffington post about helping the small farmer break into the business. When the time comes my wife and I would be honored to to carry forth your idea. We currently own 23 acres of zoned agriculture land with a clear deed.
    Just a little background information on myself. I am from the dustbowl of Texas my parents and grandparents were farmers in a part of Texas where farming was more than just hard work. Both me and my wife have degrees in nursing and are firm believers in the medicinal effects of marijuana. I ran a 200 bed level 2 trauma unit for 8 years as the night nursing supervisor and my wife works in an ICU.

18. Hey Willie, so proud of you! Standing up for me and others “this is our land for you and me”!! would like to share an idea I am a serious organic grower that has developed methods that provide quality and simplicity for small growers retiring soon to travel in my Air Stream and would love to develop teaching seminars in legal localities that provide Willies’ Reserve grow guide lines
    By the 2016 elections we will have several more legal states (Ohio will unlock a flood of states that will follow them) and we have to have support for those local operators that just need to learn organics, business ops marketing ect ect would travel to meet and discuss Jim
    PS might want to also add some lobbying efforts in non- legal states like mine (please!) I add this as one major area of concern : veterans are being drugged up so bad as the VA is still using horrible drugs to address PTSD — legal states are saving hundreds of vets from themselves—from suicide —make vet care a big deal !!!! I am!!!

19. Just read the article in the New York Mag by Wil Hylton. What a great article! I graduated from Oregon State University with a crop science degree in 1989 and have been working in agriculture ever since. In the first 12 years most work was applying pesticides to potatoes, onions, corn and alfalfa. Now the work entails pesticide regulation and ensuring that growers follow the strict laws of California. Pesticides need to be respected and a lot of knowledge is required to make sure that they are not used when it is not necessary, don’t fit the application or should not be used at all for certain crops. Beneficial insect research has made great strides lately and there are some great defenses for mites.

20. I have to say I have been an advocate for quite some time and have followed the movement for the majority of my life at this point. This isn’t the proper medium to ask what I want to ask you. I didn’t see a direct email on the site, so this will have to do. Hopefully someone moderates this? My brother is in a good spot in CO and might be interested in grabbing some branded product? Gatewood for President(RIP)!

PS. Go check out the Red Headed Stranger at the spot. It won 2nd in the Cannabis cup a couple years ago.

21. Hello Everyone,
    I am also interested in contacting Mr. Nelson. I am a real estate broker in Las Vegas, NV.
    I have the best listing 4 sale in Las Vegas for a MME dispensary. 1.84 acres owned by doctors.
    Has a special use permit in place. Located on one of the best main streets in Las Vegas. Doctors would consider a JV. Call for details 702-812-5656

22. I love the idea. I sell weed in Colorado and would like to join you. Please contact me if you are interested.

23. Good morning, I am hoping to become a partner with you in this endeavor. I residency in Missouri and would like to discuss distribution. I would like to be involved in being a first-time shop here in Independence when it’s legalized.
    My dream is to be a part of this great movement. It’s something I believe whole heartily. Please please Willie, help me help others.

24. Go Willie Nelson,Smoke A Toke for me

25. Hi Willie. Love your music and would LOVE to try your smoke. I am licensed in State of Oregon due to cronic case of Crohn’s disease. Please let us know when and where we can buy it. Thanks

26. I have growed for 3I years in hidden grow rooms. I kno weed pleas give me a chance to show what I can Do I will out. Perform your best growers I can teach them. A few things on. Real polentcy. And. Flaver. Thank. U Dave Jeffries

27. I have growed for 3I years in hidden grow rooms. I kno weed pleas give me a chance to show what I can Do I will out. Perform your best growers I can teach them. A few things on. Real polentcy. And. Flaver. Thank. U Dave Jeffries Call 3175123022

28. Marion Durham April 8, 2016 at 1:54 PM

I am 76 years old and would like to buy some of your best to try. I have never smoked pot in my life. My wife would like to try the very best. I believe if you are 65 or older it is leagal in SC. Tell me how to buy and ship it here. Thx.

29. Hi….where are you distributing in The Spokane area?

30. Hello Willie,
    My company is starting a cannabis growing operation. We are pending licensing in the State of Oregon and would be interested in growing Willie’s Reserve. Everything I’ve read says that you are expanding into Colorado and Washington. Do you have plans for Oregon and if so, how can our company be involved?

31. Willies Reserve !!! I am fully qualified to be your Building Engineer/Facility Manager/Property Manager. I’m highly motivated, and would love to help you folks out and be part of your team. I’m also a (many times) published photographer so I could help with the product webpages, and brand development. Love to hear from you folks.
    Peace and Love,

32. Bruce Pocorus June 26, 2016 at 6:21 PM

Hello Willie, I saw an application for the compliance officer and told my wife about it. She would be perfect but we are in Col., Oh.and would need to talk with you. She has her J.D.and has been in compliance and risk management for 20 yrs. She was let go by a major bank in 2013 because of her age.I have a story to tell but it’s to personal for here. Please consider talking to her, I think it would be a good fit. Thank you for your time and trouble.

33. Tascha aAnderson June 27, 2016 at 5:58 PM

I would love to work with your business, I’m currently in pharmaceutical research for phase 1 fda studies. I am a training coordinator, I perform all new employee orientation and training for a worldwide company. I would be interested in relocating

34. Will Many of us have to positively work finally out extra by certain years than some other people? Thoreau asked that our organization have that can do more than fantasize.

35. JohnPaul Yoder July 29, 2016 at 2:16 PM

Hey Willie, been trying to find your namesake strain (Willie Nelson) for awhile now. Why can’t I find it?