Willie Nelson, one of country’s most spectacular singers, songwriters, and all-out showmen, is Sony Legacy’s artist of the month for April. In conjunction with his 80th birthday, Willie is gearing up to release a brand new record entitled, Let’s Face the Music and Dance.
Design a rustic, commemorative poster to celebrate Willie Nelson’s 80th birthday inspired by the song and album titles that have accompanied his famous recordings. One winner will receive $500.
Suggested Theme & Style Guidelines
We’re looking for a unique and original illustration that captures the warm, rural, and woodsy vibe of Willie Nelson’s music. Elements for your design could include Native American/Western imagery and other scenic landscapes (please refrain from using photos).
Be creative and use the track and album titles available in Willie’s discography for more inspiration. The only requirement is that you provide the album title or song title that your design corresponds to in your upload description.
Check out the song titles from his upcoming release, Let’s Face The Music And Dance:
1. Let’s Face the Music and Dance
2. Is the Better Part Over
3. You’ll Never Know
4. Vous Et Moi
5. Walking My Baby Back Home
7. Twilight Time
8. I Can’t Give You Anything But Love
9. I’ll Keep On Loving You
10. I Wish I Didn’t Love You So
11. South Of The Border
14. Shame On You
Important: Pay close attention to the technical specs for this project. Your design must be limited to 4 colors. One of those must black and the background must be white.
Things You Need To Include
- You DO NOT need to use Willie Nelson’s image or likeness in your design. Original illustrations are encouraged!
- The winning designer should be able to submit a layered file (.psd, .eps, .ai) of the winning design.
- All submissions must be original art/illustrations.
- Required text: “Willie Nelson”.
- Your design must use only 4 colors; one color must be black and colors must not touch each other.
Things You Should Avoid
- DO NOT use stock images or clip art.
- Respect copyright. DO NOT submit copyrighted work
You can find additional details and enter the official contest here.
Deadline for entry is: May 11, 2013 11:59 P.M. PDT