WILLIE NELSON & FAMILY TOUR UPDATE

admin —  March 29, 2016 — 16 Comments

MERLE HAGGARD CANCELS UPCOMING APRIL PERFORMANCES

Due to unforeseen circumstances, Merle Haggard is canceling his April performances with Willie Nelson & Family.  He has received doctor’s orders to complete his recovery from double pneumonia by continuing to rest.

Merle says “I want to thank my fans for their prayers and well wishes.  I hope to be back on the road in May, but I’m taking it one day at a time.”

The Willie Nelson & Family tour will continue with a variety of special guests – Jamey Johnson, Ryan Bingham and Shakey Graves – joining on select dates.  Please see final schedule below.

Apr 7 Cape Girardeau, MO – Show Me Center

Apr 16 New Braunfels, TX –  Whitewater Amphitheater
Willie Nelson with special guest Ryan Bingham

Apr 17 New Braunfels, TX – Whitewater Amphitheater
Willie Nelson with special guests Jamey Johnson  and Shakey Graves

16 responses to WILLIE NELSON & FAMILY TOUR UPDATE

1. The Carsten Family March 29, 2016 at 11:06 PM

Take care and get well soon Merle. We’ll miss seeing you in New Braunfels. Please come back when you start feeling better.

2. James “Jim” W. King, Jr. March 30, 2016 at 6:28 PM

Hi Willie,

In the summer of 1963, I was a part-time DJ at KRZY radio in Albuquerque, NM working with Dave Kirby and Ralph Newman. My wife and I met you backstage at a country music caravan sponsored by the radio station and local advertising clients. My wife, Ruth, has been enamored with you ever since you held her hand and looked her directly in the eye while talking to her for a lengthy time. I don’t hold it against you. We’re married now 52 years, living in San Antonio and still two of your most devoted fans. Got most all of your recordings and just picked up your latest “Summertime – WN sings Gershwin”. Stay healthy and keep’em comin’. God bless you and your family.

Jim & Ruth King
    San Antonio, TX

3. A local club is advertising that Willie will be in Roswell NM on June 23rd, 2016. I’m thinking it’s an April Fool’s Joke. If it is a joke it is cruel. If it’s not, I need to know where to get my tickets! Can you give me additional information?

4. Christine Willett April 2, 2016 at 7:43 AM

Will Willie Nelson and Family have their Fourth of July Picnic this year? Will it be at the Austin Amphitheater 360, or at another location. I really need to get tickets for my parents and I. I keep looking but have come up empty handed. Thank you.

5. I have never been to a concert of yours mainly because I worked all my life and never had the time. Now I have Lou Gehrigs disease and fear I will never get to. I am a veteran and have always been a big fan of yours. Sad because I would have loved to have met you.
    Sincerely Sisto

6. Jerry Pardieck April 4, 2016 at 4:19 PM

Hi Willie!

Looking forward to seeing you in Cape Girardeau, MO. !
    And early Happy Birthday!
    Hope we get to meet you again while you are in Missouri!

7. Virge Stewart April 6, 2016 at 3:15 AM

Well hi there Willie, Great to know your still performing. Love your songs, your style, and pretty much all about you. My brother was the spitting image of you, and your style. you make me think of him every time I see you. And even for that I will be eternal grateful. Hope to see you some time Willie, God bless you. Virge. England.

8. When are you coming to Europe again please?
    Greetings
    Paul

9. RIP Merle. ♥ Prayers to his friends and family. Lost a Legend today. 🙁

10. Ralph Sizemore April 6, 2016 at 5:09 PM

Hello Willie & Family,
    This is Larry Sizemore’s nephew
    Ralph Sizemore. I send my heartfelt
    condolence for Merles’ passing. Passing. God bless , little Ralph

11. Is there any tour planned for the UK?

12. I missed the concert at Fiddlers Green in Denver, will Willie be coming back soon and will he be working with Kacey Musgraves again?? I was so looking forward to seeing that concert!!!! I hated missing it!
    Thx,
    Linda K

13. Hi again Willie, Hope you keeping OK. All the best Virge Stewart. England.