Willie Receives 5th Degree Black Belt

admin —  April 29, 2014 — 16 Comments

It’s been a busy week for Willie! Turning 81, getting inducted into the Austin City Limits Hall of Fame and now, he has received his 5th degree black belt! He has been training actively for this for two decades!

Read more HERE.

unnamed-5

unnamed-3unnamed-2unnamed-4unnamed-6unnamed-1unnamed-7unnamed-8

Share on FacebookShare on TumblrShare on Twitter

16 responses to Willie Receives 5th Degree Black Belt

1. Great job Willie Happy Birthday have a great day with all the happiness you deserve god bless you

2. Fantastic pictures of you Willie…….Happy Birthday and congratulations on your achievement. Can you play darts too? X

3. This is a personal message for Willie. My Aunt Mackie was a huge fan when Willie first started out in Hobbs New Mexico. I was just wanting to share a picture of my Mom and Aunt Mackie for Willie. Not sure how to do that. It’s a black and white and both were red heads. Just wondering if you remember them. Please let me know how to send it to you.

Happy Birthday Willie

4. Georgeanne Aist April 30, 2014 at 12:47 PM

That is awesome! Congratulations. I know it was a lot of hard work & dedication.

5. michael o’brian April 30, 2014 at 1:31 PM

Willie,well done on gaining the fifth degree, a fantastic feat and have just the best birthday ever would just love to catch your tour with Allison Krauss but just can’t get the time off work i live and work in England so will just have to see your newyears eve show at the Moody in Austin in the mean time have a great birthday Michael O’Brian

6. Happy birthday Willie from one Taurus to another, mine is in eight days and I will be a young 77.

Sincerely,

Buck Tasch

7. Graham Wiltshire April 30, 2014 at 6:52 PM

Many congratulations on your amazing acheivment. It is really an accomplishment to be proud of.
    God bless fromCanada

8. Happy Birthday Willie from your friends at the Apple Barn Café in Brimfield, MA

9. Steve Schlobohm May 2, 2014 at 12:43 PM

We’ll first of all Happy birthday Willie, and congratulations on your black belt achievements. You have always been a hero to me, one person I can really connect with and you don’t even know me. Come back to Kansas City soon everyone here would love to see you again.

10. Taekwondo helped mychristina to be blessed with 7 Cds, 2014. Honorable!

11. We want 2 smoke a good left hand ciggy with u. We will get it. Let us know where u will b near Altha, Florida…

12. Master Steve Berry June 10, 2014 at 3:06 PM

Congrates to you Master Nelson, From an old fan and someday an old friend. From Master Steve Berry of Chun Kuk Do .

13. Always and forever a fan your amazing person with all yo have done in a life time thank you for making it a little better for all to bear this blue marble :)

14. Suzanne G. Hlotke July 11, 2014 at 8:51 PM

Marvelous achievement. Congratulations!!!

15. Richard W. Elwart July 13, 2014 at 2:04 PM

Happy Birthday Red Headed Stranger. I just Saw you in Angels at Christmas with Kris Kristopherson, and Lyle Lovett and others. You are a Great Singer and a fine actor. I Saw your Hall f Fame Plaque in Nashville. I wanted to say Congrats on the Black belt and have a great birthday. You are the Greatest.

16. Dude major kudos you have great music and a awesome martial artist as a student of Chun Kuk Do I have a lot of respect for you keep up the good work sir..