Willie to Host TV Series

—  November 5, 2014 — 57 Comments

Willie has just signed on to host Inside Arlyn Studios, a new television series being filmed at a recording studio in Austin, TX. He will interview and occasionally sit in on performances by different musicians. The TV series is going to be filming a couple pilots soon, but no stations are set just yet.

Outlaw country musician Merle Haggard and Austin guitarist Gary Clark Jr. are slated as the first two guests for the series.

Stay tuned for more information on where and when to watch!

Get details on the upcoming series at BizJournals.com

57 responses to Willie to Host TV Series

1. I think that’s AWESOME!!! If they could do it as a lead in type interview to those preforming at Austin City Limits, even better. Tons of artists would sign up, I believe, just to hang out with Willie, let alone be able to jam with him. On the flip side there are plenty of actors, human rights and other famous individuals that one would think have plenty of questions FOR Willie as well as he for them.

2. Hope it is on RFD or a channel we can watch. Keep up the good entertainment. Just saw you on reruns of Dukes of Hazard.

3. I think Mr Nelson is a success at any thing he tries.. best of luck with your TV series.. know it will be awesome..

4. Bring it on. Have been a Willie fan since day one.

5. Excellent idea, I look forward to the show.

6. Hope we get you in Canada

7. Hey Willie,this is so Awesome!!I am looking forward to your Show!!

8. Rock on, Willie!

9. Darlene Hallock-Bliss November 5, 2014 at 2:16 PM

Sweet. I enjoy all of Willies viewings ..You are one of the best writters,players. singers of All Times and your family is just awesome. God Bless You and cab’t wait to watch. You are a Blessing to many.

10. I sure hope Direct TV picks up your show ! Can’t wait

11. I am a huge Willie fan and can’t wait to see his new show.

12. Awesome I hope it’s a station I can get in San diego. Speaking of San Diego since you’re in ventura and anaheim next year can’t you slide on down to us here in San diego soon. Miss you

13. There can never be enough Willie !

14. Am excited to hear this and can hardly wait to see the first episode. Only hope DirectTV will carry it.

15. Wonderful my favorite …. I will for sure watch it !!!! Hope to see Gary Allan to be a guest !!!

16. This is great Willie still to have good country music. I think I was Ray Prices’s biggest fan really loved his music. followed him since 1960 at the Ryman,. he would love to know you are doing this, keeping good country music and you still writing songs. this is just great thanks so much, love your music, you and Ray were great together.(always) miss Ray so much play his music daily. but no new songs from him. keep it going Willie.

17. A 1946 Martin017..Duluth Mn..does Willie still have this guitar..was mine,I traded it to a Vietnam Nam Vet for a Martin that needed work…he needed the money for work on his truck…he’s always wanted to thank you…I thank you (still miss the guitar)! Paul H. Pederson

18. Patricia Lopez Wiggs November 5, 2014 at 4:35 PM

I would love to be face to face with Willie …I remember the first time I saw him…I was 13/14 years old…at the Will Rogers Collision….Ft Worth Texas….that is the first time I saw him and Charlie Pride…he gave Charlie a big kiss…lol…I will be truthful…I did not want to go with my parents…they made me…I was into The Beatles…Stones… Doors..I was so glad that I went ….that is when I fell in love with Willie…as the years have pass…I still go see Willie when I can..I love all the Nelsons…I follow them when I can also…Now I AM 60 YEARS OLD WILL… BE 61 In Dec 27….I have never had the pleasure to shake his hand…give him a kiss on the cheek…and get a picture taken with him……I know one day this will happen…..May God Bless Willi and His Family…Love Pat…

19. Can’t wait for it to come out!!!

20. Anything Willie Nelson does is so AWESOME !!! 🙂

21. Willie Nelson is a fine performer and influential in my life.Enjoy him live and studio music just sittin in the backyard, hes articulate so I’ll be watching!

22. Love you Willie.. Xxo
    Seen you many times in the mountains of NJ..I remember calling the General Store Nashville..talking to a beautiful older sales gal and Wow !!! We had fun talking about you.. You’re awesome.. inside and out..And a great kisser 🙂

23. I am so happy that you are going to have your own show . I
    have loved your music for years i. have all of your songs on CD If you are on a satellite

channel i will be watching………love you , Sharon

24. Thats awesome Hope available here, Willie iss the best

25. Johnny Brewster November 5, 2014 at 6:53 PM

Looking forward to seeing Willie host a show. He is one of our best entertainers and I am sure he will do an excellent job hosting. JohnnyB.

26. Looking forward to the series. Keep on keepin on…..Willie!!!

27. OMG…….I can’t wait for this. Anything with Willie is AWESOME!!!!!!!!

28. yay. Can’t wait. Willie is my all time favorite singer. My favorite song EVER he wrote and sings. “Angel Flying Too close to the ground. I was supposed to have a meet and greet with him in Biloxi Ms several years ago and he didn’t have it because he was sick. So tell him he owes me lol.

29. What’s. Not To Love? “Shot gun Willy”. My name sake. All I ever wanted to do was play domino’s with him. Shoot the shit and smoke a little Red Bud. Ya never know maybe on my Birthday, 1-11. :-). You would Be A great Host Buddy. Great Story Teller. As we Like too call Good old Boys like you. ! Knock em Dead Willy! This Old Hippy Girl Got Your Back. My Birth name is Sharon Marie Nelson. 1-11-1947. I Sure Hope I Get That Station!

30. just wanted to say Willie Nelson is an inspiration! Angel flying too close to the ground was me & my husbands wedding song and played that song on his memorial CD when he passed away at 54. Ricky Schultz.. 6/9/59-2/18/14

31. Guess I said all that in the wrong window. I don’t want to write it all again. You’re my friend on Facebook. I hope you get to read it buddy. I guess were going to proofread it. Lmao!

32. Tomilee & Luther November 5, 2014 at 9:11 PM

How could this venture possibly not be a roaring success. I’ll be waiting to see Paula Nelson, Amy Nelson & Cathy Guthrie. I’m excited for sure

33. Oh that sounds awesome … Please let us know date time channel … Been a true fan for many many years. It will be great to watch you on TV … Great Job.

34. Willie,
    You are one of my favorite country music singers.Not only do I love your music,but my mother of 84 loves you.I remember listening to you when I was a little girl at my grandparents house.They use to go to the Grand Old Opera House every year.
    We went to see you a few years back at The Santa Barbra Bowl.It was a wonderful show.I love to see you again.
    I think it’s great that you are going to host a show.Good Luck with it ,as I know it will be a great for you as you have many people very happy.
    With all my Love
    Doreen Dutcher

35. Will be terrific to see Willie more often!! Always a fan!

36. AWESOME about time a real “talk show” really hope a station here in CO. picks it up

37. Hope it works out.I would love too see you everyday..a life long fan here. God bless

38. Just cant wait to see this!God Bless Willie!

39. James Buskey sr November 6, 2014 at 5:55 AM

I think it will be a hit..

40. Love you Willie, hope the best for your new show. You and the other outlaws are what got me hooked on country music about 30 years ago. Please post when and where the show airs. GOD SPEED

41. Steve Gustafson November 6, 2014 at 9:03 AM

What channel will this be on

42. looking forward to all you will share with us.hope we will be able to see it on Dish network.

43. hope we will be able to see this on our Dish TV

44. I will turn my cable back on to get the show love Willie…

45. How do you become one of the artists on the show??

46. Can’t wait for the show.will never have too much of Willy.

47. Michael Zuilkowski November 6, 2014 at 2:30 PM

Thanks Mr Nelson for taking on this project it will be nice to see you on a regular basis.

Good luck to you on your new venture.

Mike
    From upstate NY

48. Way to go Willie! If you need any guests for your show I am available!

49. Amber Landrum Boone November 6, 2014 at 3:25 PM

I was just wondering how to become a member of the Good Luck Club..or your fan club..Thanks, Amber Landrum Boone..

50. Most excellent!

51. I was just talking about you doing something this two days ago. I think it will be one show that is watched by millions or even more. Willie Nelson has got to be one of the most well known country music artists of all time. I look forward to watching every show. I want to thank Willie for all those wonderful songs over the years and hope to hear many more.

52. You are a amazing artist!!! I loved your music since I was little and now I’m almost 50! I’ve seen you twice and it was epic!! One day I hope to shake your hand!

53. I cant wait to see it. I love Willie and know he’d do great. Merle has been a favorite all my life.

54. Johnny Youngblood November 7, 2014 at 8:19 PM

will be waiting for information , when and where to watch. This sounds like fun !

55. I’d watch Willie quietly watch tv if you put it on air mind you (yelling at the news? lol) But how fantastic it would/will be to hear his take on other amazing musicians!?