Willie’s New Album – Let’s Face The Music and Dance – To be released April 16th

willienelson —  January 23, 2013 — 44 Comments

Full Press Releases:

LEGACY RECORDINGS SET TO RELEASE LET’S FACE THE MUSIC AND DANCE, THE NEW ALBUM FROM WILLIE NELSON AND FAMILY, ON TUESDAY, APRIL 16th

Willie’s 80th Birthday Celebrated With New Studio Album

* * * * *
WN_FTM_3[1]

Legacy Recordings will release Let’s Face The Music And Dance, a collection of new studio performances by Willie Nelson and Family, on Tuesday, April 16.

The album is the first in a series of releases and events celebrating the artist’s 80th birthday year.

A collection of deep pop country repertoire classics performed with transformative patented ease by Willie Nelson and Family, his long-time touring and recording ensemble, Let’s Face The Music And Dance was recorded at Pedernales Recording Studio in Austin, Texas, produced by Buddy Cannon and mixed by Butch Carr at Budro Music Repair Shop in Nashville, Tennessee.

Willie’s also celebrating more than forty years on the road and in the studio with Family, the band he formed with his sister, Bobbie Nelson (on piano), drummer Paul English and harmonica shaman Mickey Raphael–their name taken from his 1971 studio album Willie Nelson & Family. Rounding out the Family line-up on Let’s Face The Music And Dance are Billy English (Paul’s brother) on electric gut string and snare drum, Kevin Smith on upright bass and Jim “Moose” Brown on B-3 organ with Willie’s son, Micah Nelson, adding percussion on select tracks. Willie Nelson and his guitar, Trigger, appear on all the songs.

2013 is shaping up as a banner year for the pop country patriarch, who turns 80 on April 30. His rollicking memoir, “Roll Me Up and Smoke Me When I Die – Musings from the Road,” published by HarperCollins in May 2012, is currently a New York Times bestselling non-fiction title and Let’s Face The Music And Dance is an essential addition to the outlaw country artist’s catalog of timeless recordings.

Compiling the repertoire for Let’s Face The Music And Dance, Willie chose a range of pop, rock, jazz and country classics drawn from the 1930s (“Let’s Face the Music and Dance,” “Walking My Baby Back Home”), 1940s (“You’ll Never Know,” “I Wish I Didn’t Love You So,” “Shame On You”) and 1950s (“Matchbox”) covering evergreen songwriters Irving Berlin, Mack Gordon, Carl Perkins, Frank Loesser, Django Reinhardt and Spade Cooley, among others. Willie turns in a beautiful new version of his composition “Is The Better Part Over,” a song he introduced on 1989′s A Horse Called Music.

Let’s Face The Music And Dance is Willie’s second release for Legacy Recordings. The first, Heroes was released last May and debuted at #18 on the Billboard 200 best-selling albums chart (Wille’s highest number on the chart since Always On My Mind hit #2 in 1982) and wound up spending five consecutive weeks at #1 on the Americana Radio Chart.

Let’s Face The Music And Dance
Willie Nelson and Family
tracklisting

1. Let’s Face the Music and Dance (Irving Berlin, 1935)
2. Is the Better Part Over (Willie Nelson, 1989)
3. You’ll Never Know (Mack Gordon, 1943)
4. Vous Et Moi (Claude Francois-Jean Bourtayre)
5. Walking My Baby Back Home (Fred Ahlert-Roy Turk, 1930)
6. Matchbox (Carl Perkins, 1957)
7. Twilight Time (Al Nevins-Morty Nevins)
8. I Can’t Give You Anything But Love (Dorothy Fields-Jimmy McHugh)
9. I’ll Keep On Loving You (Richard Coburn-Vincent Rose)
10. I Wish I Didn’t Love You So (Frank Loesser, 1947)
11. South Of The Border (Jimmy Kennedy-Michael Carr)
12. Nuages (Django Reinhardt)
13. Marie (The Dawn Is Breaking)
14. Shame On You (Spade Cooley, 1944)

* * * * *

Let’s Face The Music and Dance and Heroes marks the first releases in a historic record deal between Willie Nelson and Legacy Recordings, the catalog division of Sony Music Entertainment, announced in February 2012. The deal marks a label homecoming for Nelson, who, from 1975-1993, cut a phenomenal string of top-selling singles and albums for Columbia Records, beginning with 1975′s seminal smash Red Headed Stranger.

“I’m really happy to be back home with Sony Music. We have been partners for many years; all the way back to Pamper Music and Tree Music. We share a great history, and I’m looking forward to many more years together,” said Willie Nelson.

Forthcoming Willie Nelson titles under the Legacy imprint will include newly recorded songs and performances as well as archival releases, personally curated by the artist, drawn from all phases of his career including his recordings for RCA Records and others.

As curator of his catalog, Willie will work with label archivists to select recordings, including previously released and previously unreleased tracks, for release in newly compiled collections and as bonus material on new editions of existing titles. The newly curated Willie Nelson titles will provide fresh perspective and context to the artist’s profoundly influential and successful career.

With a six-decade career and a catalog of more than 200 albums to his credit, the iconic Texas singer-songwriter Willie Nelson has earned a permanent position in pop music’s pantheon with songs that combine the sophistication of Tin Pan Alley with the rough-and-tumble grit and emotional honesty of country music. He brought pop and country together on the radio in the early 1960s with unforgettable songs like “Crazy” (Patsy Cline), “Hello Walls” (Faron Young), “Funny How Time Slips Away” (Billy Walker), “Night Life” (Ray Price) and others and, by the mid-1970s, had become a superstar in his own right as a prime mover of a revolutionary and thriving outlaw country music scene. The Red Headed Stranger, Willie’s first album for Columbia Records in 1975, catapulted the artist to the front ranks of popularity, making his a familiar name in country and city households across America and around-the-world.

A seven-time Grammy Award winner, Willie Nelson has received numerous accolades including American Music Awards, Academy of Country Music Awards, Country Music Association Awards and others. He is a co-founder of Farm Aid, an annual series of fundraising events which began as an all-star benefit concert in 1985 to raise money for American family farmers. He continues to lobby against horse slaughter and produces his own blend of biodiesel fuel. An old-school road-dog troubadour with new school wheels, Willie plays concerts year-round, tirelessly touring on Honeysuckle Rose III (he rode his first two buses into the ground), taking his music and fans to places that are always worth the ride.

* * * * *

For more information, please contact:

For further information contact:
Tom Cording at Legacy Media Relations, 212.833.4448,
Tom.Cording@sonymusic.com
Randy Haecker at Legacy Media Relations, 212.833.4101,
Randy.Haecker@sonymusic.com
Gabriela Gibb at Legacy Media Relations, 212.833.4597
Gabriela.Gibb@sonymusic.com

legacyrecordings.com

Share on FacebookShare on TumblrShare on Twitter

willienelson

44 responses to Willie’s New Album – Let’s Face The Music and Dance – To be released April 16th

1. You have done the best for all your fans. Congratulations from all of us.

2. Looking forward to the new album Willie,,,Still treasure the photo of You and me taken in Dublin , Ireland, 12 years ago. My wife took the pic after one of your shows,,sadly she aint around anymore, died 6 years ago…you coming this way anytime soon???. some really great songs on thhe new album,,can only Imagine whhat they going to sound like with your voice,,,,brilliant me thinks,,maybe next time you here we could have a “Smoke”,together,if ya get my drift., I play traditional Irish Music myself,,thhhink you would like some of it,,,if ya ever get to Tipperary ,,ya got to go to Buddy Brennans Bar in Glengoole,,,guarantee it will be an experience you will never forget,,,ask Tina Turner about it…

3. Happy Birthday Willie!!!!
    Can’t wait to hear the new album!

4. Can’t wait to hear your new CD Willie-see ya soon in Claremont and again at Blue Water Casino!!

5. cheyenne ingram January 24, 2013 at 1:13 AM

WILLIE FOR PRESIDENT>> KEEP SMOKIN WILLIE<<>>

6. Happy Birthday, Willie!! It can’t get any better than this!! Love your music, have been a fan for many, many years. Hope you continue to stay happy and keep doing what you love most!

7. Happy Birthday Willie! Where were you on November 22, 1963?

8. HAPPY BIRTHDAY WILLIE, YOU HAVE BROUGHT GREAT JOY TO OUR LIFES WHILE CELBERATING THE SORROW AND THE BELESSINGS THE HIGH TIMES AND THE LOW. Thanks from the bottom of my heart. All the best, Ryan Zeller

9. I will be sure to pick mine up!! Thank you Willie! Keep on Keep’n on my love! You rock!!!!!!!!!

10. Willie I want to thank you for all of the songs and music you have provided to the world I first heard your music with the Red Headed Stranger Album and enjoyed it very much! I have been told that I look a lot like you It never bothered me because I am a fan of yours! One day I had two different people tell me that! they were complete strangers and came into my job site at different times that day! May you live a long and prosperus life and keep playing the music for many years to come!!!
    “Your Fan”
    James D Clay

11. Well you could have released it the 23 rd of April. That is my 72nd Birthday or was you wanting to send me to one of your shows for my present,My Dear Willie. Remembered you from Austin one of your times when we both were a lot younger. Still waiting for that hug from you.

12. John Gideon Graham January 24, 2013 at 9:27 AM

Willie is on my short list of artists that I always buy their new albums immediately on release. Talents like Willie should live and stay healthy forever, are you listening God?

13. Tammy Wilkerson January 24, 2013 at 3:30 PM

LOVE Willie, please keep singing and touring.Love your books and cannot wait for the new album.

14. Warren Oliver Bullock January 24, 2013 at 10:04 PM

This is going to be a long wait.

15. Thanks Willie for all you do. You have been with me all my life and I am greatful for your generosity and light. Shine on. Much love and many blessings.

16. My husband has been a life long fan of Willie’s and I do believe he has every cd, tape ect so far that Willie has put out. Hank, my husband, now has cancer of both kidneys and of the liver, all of which are terminal. We have hospice coming to the house now. I wish on a million stars that I could get Willie to play a benefit here in Des Moines, Iowa or Dexter or Redfield or even Linden the town in which I live for Hank befor he passes away. We don’t have life insurance and we have a whole lot of medical bills that i can’t even begin to imagine ever paying off. I don’t want any money from you I would just truly think that having a beneifit would pay a little on medical bills or at least his funeral bill. He was diagosed with liver and kidney cancer last March of 2012. We can’t do any more chemo or chemo meds as he can’t tolerate them and the chemo in Iowa City, Iowa didn’t work. Even a little letter to Hank would brighten his day. Oh, I could see him bragging to his nurses now. I thank you for your time in reading my note. God bless. I know that Willie has been ill here in the past too. We were going to a concert in Minnesota once and he had pnemonia or something then., But anyway, thank you again.

17. I look forward to the new release!! Willie ….always on my mind !

18. happy birthday and cant wait to get new record.cant wait till you get to athens.we love you very much.

19. I look forward to your new Willie Nelson and Family….I am sure that it will be as great as
    Heroes is. I always thought The Red Headed Stranger would always be my favorite recording
    by you, but Heroes is a very close second. I think I have almost every recording you have
    made! I am missing the IRS who will buy my memories, but eventually I will find it and
    add to my “collection”. I love you Willie…

20. Can’t wait for this new album! I will be adding it to my collection.

21. Willie your music has made a difference , and the sincere man that you are has also. You our a legend and always will be . Nothing but love,peace, and hope

22. Happy Birthday Willie, and many more to come.
    I’m 56 and your music has been the soundtrack to my life.
    When ever I need to relax or regroup your there.
    Keep up the great work. Nobody does it better.

All The Best

23. Great to hear of another record coming soon! Hope you might find your way across the Pond to the UK too. There’s a song I reckon you and Trigger would do a great job of if the copyright can be worked around- Mr. Jimmy Steinman’s ‘Two Out of Three Ain’t Bad’. All the best for now, stay happy and hearty.

24. Happy Birthday Willie. We got to see you at FarmAid in Hershey, Pa. last year. It was a lifelong
    dream for my partner & I. It was spectacular!! We love you Willie & wish you the best year
    ever!!!

25. Congratulations on the new album Willie. Times have changed. But you are still doing it. Scratchin down those songs like only you can do. I am proud of you. Whether on a couch at Sues Boars nest or the world wide web. You are still keeping the arts in our hearts.

26. Bob and Donna Peterson February 19, 2013 at 7:03 PM

We celebrated with you at Floore’s during your 70th birthdaytour, and now 10 years later you are still going strong. What a blessing you are to your family, fans – and your horses. Donna is Rebecca’s sister of Habitat for Horses and we know what you have done for horses. Great picture of you and Jerry. As a fan from the early Austin days I will always remember the good times you brought. One night at the Armadillo between sets of Asleep At the Wheel you brought out Trigger and a chair and were the highlight of the night. Later at the Texas Opera House you and Waylon (and Jose Cuervo) played the best music I’d ever heard. Happy Birthday, Willie! P.S. I hope you don’t mind but I named our new white German Shepherd after you. Loved your new book, too. Great insight into what a true family man you are.
    God Bless Willie Nelson and Family.

27. Ray Chuck Franklin February 20, 2013 at 9:06 AM

Happy Birthday Willie and thank you for a life time of music from the heart that will last for ever more…..

28. audrey Wilson March 4, 2013 at 6:54 PM

Thanks for all you have done to enhance my life and believe me you and your music have.

29. Happy Birthday Willie, love you, love your music, love Lukas, love his music
    love Paula’s voice. You have a beautiful family. Bless you all.

30. JERRY SCRAFIELD March 28, 2013 at 12:16 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WILLIE ENJOY YOUR SINGING THE COUNTRY PICKS , HOPE YOUR BAND AND SISTER IS FINE

31. It’s your birthday and we get the gift of your album.
    Seems like a deal to me.
    Happy birthday

32. Congratulation on your new albulm. WISH YOU A HAPPY BIRTHDAY> YOU ARE THE MAN

33. Willie, you may not be a (real) cowboy, but you’re one of my alltime heroes. Ever since I first saw you perform at Gilley’s in Houston (1979). Had heard your music before then, but the live performance turned me into a major fan. Then I saw you in Paradiso Amsterdam (my home town). Thanks for so many years of fine music and hope you’ll be around forever…!

34. Marshall Dave Jacobs April 17, 2013 at 9:10 PM

Happy Birthday Willie. They tell me I’m your long lost twin . I’m proud of that.We all love you in Alameda Ca.Looking forward to the new tracks.

35. Mr Record Man was the first I heard. Then Hello Walls , then found out you had written Night Life and Crazy. Then “I Never Cared For You” turned my head in circles. Been paying close attention ever since. Opened for you once @ The Last Bash on the Hill off City Park Rd.back in the 70′s.
    Hope you live forever , your music certainly will-Happy Birthday

36. Willie and Steve – I was there at the Hill On the Moon with you, Crady Bond (owner), Roky Ericson, Benny Thurman, Gary Oliver (did the T-shirt and one of 3 owners of the One Knite) and many other fine folks. Great time!!! Thanks for all of it… Happy 80th !!!

37. Nice content you have in here.

38. Happy birthday Willie! Looking forward to the new album.

39. Hi there friends, how is the whole thing, and what you desire
    to say concerning this article, in my view its truly awesome in favor of me.

40. I hardly leave a response, however I looked at through some
    comments on Willie’s New Album – Let’s Face The Music and Dance – To be released April 16th – Willie Nelson.

I do have 2 questions for you if you don’t mind. Could it be just me or does it look as if like a few of these responses look like they are written by brain dead individuals? :-P And, if you are writing on additional places, I’d like
    to follow everything new you have to post. Would you make a list of the complete urls of
    your social pages like your twitter feed, Facebook page or linkedin profile?

41. First off I want to say wonderful blog! I had a quick question
    which I’d like to ask if you don’t mind. I was curious to
    know how you center yourself and clear your mind prior to writing.
    I have had difficulty clearing my thoughts in getting my ideas out there.
    I do enjoy writing however it just seems like the first 10
    to 15 minutes are generally wasted just trying to figure out
    how to begin. Any ideas or hints? Cheers!

42. I do believe all the ideas you have presented on your post.
    They are really convincing and can certainly work.
    Still, the posts are very short for novices. May just you please lengthen them a little from next time?
    Thank you for the post.

43. Hint: Dont listen? to music if peaceful is in the titel.